In addition to this recent discovery, the following have been in heavy rotation on my iTunes lately:
- Miike Snow. Incredible album. All songs either 4- or 5-star rated. Standouts include Animal, Song for No One, Burial, and Faker. (previously on Smooth Harold)
- Helio Sequence. With exception to the last two songs (boring), this is a lovely album. Hallelujah is the most awesome.
- Kid Cudi. The non glamorous lyrics and futuristic beats are a breath of fresh air. Still, this is sometimes indulgent hip-hop. So I bought the clean version ‘cuz I’m like that (Hi, kids).
- Empire of the Sun. Only half of this album is good (the first four songs plus the last). But man are they good.
- Loscil. Mmm, space music. Excellent background sounds that still keep things interesting.
Honorable mention: Gregory Brothers, if only for their sweet auto-tune remix skills.