True to chain letter form, Lindsey emailed me the following “friend survey” today. With exception to nos. 23 and 41, her responses made me proud to call her my wife—especially with Valentine’s around the corner. They also make me look chivalrous, which is always a good thing.
Warning: some of her answers are a little sappy. But this is my blog—not yours. You can get lost if you have a problem with that!
1. What time did you get up this morning? 10:00 am. Blake got up with the girls, fed them breakfast and turned on a movie so I could sleep in.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds but I have a pearl ring Blake gave me for our 1st anniversary that I wear everyday.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Blindside
4. What is your favorite TV show? That’s tough because we only have about 5 channels so I don’t get to watch too much. But I do love Law & Order SVU and the local news.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? If I’m feeling motivated then I’ll make muffins or pancakes. If not it’s cereal or Ego’s.
6. What is your middle name? Anne
7. What food do you dislike? Tomatoes & eggs.
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? The Killers or Keane.
9. What kind of car do you drive? 99 Jeep Cherokee. Blake’s pride and joy. Still trying to figure out how 3 kids are going to fit in the back. 🙂
11. What characteristic do you despise? Dishonesty
12. Favorite item of clothing? Anything that fits and is comfortable right now.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Hawaii. Never been but always wanted to.
14. Favorite brand of clothing? I usually shop at Target or Gap.
15. Where would you retire to? I would love to go back to Washington but I don’t think Blake would ever go for it.
16. What was your most memorable birthday? My 16th because I had a huge boat/jet ski party with all of my friends.
17. Favorite sport to watch? Tennis
18. Furthest place you are sending this? Which is farther Georgia or New York?
19. Person you expect to send it back first? ?
20. When is your birthday? Sept. 2
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? I am more productive in the morning so I’d have to say morning.
22. What is your shoe size? 7
23. Pets? None.
24. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share with us? Just moved into a nice little house and we’re just about settled. I’m counting down the days until this baby comes. I can’t wait to see what she looks like. Sadie is convinced that she is going to have dark hair and I’m secretly hoping she’s right.
25. What did you want to be when u grew up? A nurse. That dream ended though when I worked as a CNA when Blake and I were first married.
26. How are you today? Tired. But what’s new?
27. What is your favorite candy? Right now I have been craving caramellos and for about a month I have eaten a king size pretty much every night after the girls go to bed.
28. What is your favorite flower? Tulips or gerberas.
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Jane’s due date. March 8th.
30. What are you listening to right now? My noisy dishwasher.
31. What was the last thing you ate? Frosted animal cookies. My grandma gave them to the girls but I got into their stash during naptime. 🙂
32. Do you wish on stars? No.
33. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Green
34. How is the weather right now? Cold but sunny.
35. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? Haven’t yet. Texted a few friends though.
36. Favorite soft drink? Coke or red cream soda.
37. Favorite restaurant? Yamato. Local joint that has the best steak teriyaki and the best service.
38. Real hair color? Brown. Lately I’ve been finding a few grey hairs. Yikes!
39. What was your favorite toy as a child? Legos.
40. Summer or winter? Summer. I love taking the girls to the pool, going on hikes and BBQing.
41. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.
42. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate.
43. Coffee or tea? Chai tea.
44. Do you want your friends to email you back? I think pretty much everyone else has.
45. When was the last time you cried? Last Wednesday.
46. What is under your bed? Blake’s turn tables.
47. What did you do last night? Had our good friends over for dinner and Blake made the best malts for dessert. Can’t wait to have another tonight.
48. What are you afraid of? Heights and having something bad happen to my girls or Blake.
49. Salty or sweet? Sweet followed by something salty followed by something sweet. It’s really a vicious cycle for me.
50. How many keys on your key ring? 2 or 3
51. How many years at your current job? Full-time mom – 4 1/2 years.
52. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
53. How many towns have you lived in? Several in Washington and Utah. Probably around 10-12.
54. Do you make friends easily? Yes, but it may take me awhile to fully open up.
55. How many people will you send this to? 8?
56. How many will respond? ?