My slightly modified and summarized questions for developing a good company name from a previous 9 Rules article:
- Is the company name distinct?
- Is it short and sweet (brevity)?
- Is it relative, or appropriate?
- Is it easy to remember?
- Could it become popular? (be honest with yourself, ace)
- Can you extend the name’s use?
- Can it be trade marked?
Answer those with feedback from outsiders, and you’ll be well on your way towards an effective company name. As a parting shot, don’t sweat your company name too much: a name means nothing unless the backing entity has credibility and adds value to the customer.