Yesterday is my favorite movie of the year so far. So long as you can suspend your disbelief for an hour and a half, it’s a wonderful, heart-felt, and fist-pumping story about music, chasing your dreams, honesty, distraction, and following your heart. 4.5/5 stars (in theaters)
My other favorites of the year are as follows (Updated):
- Peanut Butter Falcon: An excellent journey/friendship movie all the way through. 4.5/5 stars.
- Blinded By The Light: A wonderful story and message with some uneven directing and acting, if not a tad melodramatic. 4/5 stars.
- Arctic: An excellent survival film. 4/5 stars (streaming on Prime)
- Hostiles: A complex drama of Indian-American relations. 4/5 stars (streaming on Netflix)
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: Not Tarantino’s best but still enthralling. 4/5 stars (in theaters)