I’ve always wanted to post what books have helped define myself as an entrepreneur, have provided valuable business advice that fits my management style, or just like the way they are written. I heretofore present Smooth Harold’s current booklist of suggested reading in no particular order:
- Don’t Make Me Think – Easy read on web usability and why it matters.
- Million Dollar Consulting – The author is a little arrogant at times, but the book is filled with best business practices that are applicable and that have worked for me in the services business.
- The McKinsey Way – Easy read on great presentation, recommendation, and delivering message skills.
- Pele, My Life and the Beautiful Game – Entertaining insight into the worlds greatest “footy” player.
- You Cannot Be Serious – best line from the book: “Always move forward.”
- Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game – calculating ROI in both baseball and the business world.
- Love Is The Killer App – Networking. It’s all about freely giving knowledge and service.
- Building the IT Consulting Practice – Good read on IT service firms.
- Mafia to Mormon – Very entertaining read on sacrifice, change, and overcoming challenges.
- Business 2.0 – Okay, not a book, but arguably the best business magazine in print, straight out of Silicon Valley. I can’t use the terms “reading” and “business” in the same sentence without this publication popping up in my evoked set.