I returned home from a press junket to Baton Rouge on Wednesday, and here are some thoughts I haven’t had time to talk about:
- I enjoy coming home from a trip and am convinced the flight into Salt Lake City is one of the prettiest in the nation.
- Blackened alligator is better than sushi — confirmed!
- Louisianians fry more food than my native Georgia. Impressive.
- As has been customary, I’m entering the travel period of my year as the gaming industry gears up for its big fall push. I travel only 6-7 times a year, and prefer it that way. I’m an unadventurous city-slicker who is also a homebody. I even choke up a little when leaving for a short trip.
- Maddie, my six-month old looks really cute in shades.
- My wife’s sausage manicotti is delicious.
- Regular exercise is difficult for me. After three weeks of steady running, I let it slip this week.
- On a personal note, I just learned of the sudden passing of Jeff Jones in December at the hands of Leukemia. I considered Jeff a close, friendly, and respected professional colleague and worked extensively with him in 2006 and early 2007 before losing touch last summer. I would have his surviving family, friends, and associates know that Jeff was genuinely one of the kindest individuals I’ve had the pleasure of working with. He will be missed.
Have a great weekend, everyone.