My mother’s chain letters fail to amuse more often than not. The below is the rare exception.
I’m not entirely convinced they’re all paraprosdokians, as labeled. Either way, a handful of them made me laugh at loud (i.e. #9).
Either that or I’m getting old.
- Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
- Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
- The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on the list.
- If I agreed with you we’d both be wrong.
- We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
- War does not determine who is right – only who is left.
- Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
- Evening news is where they begin with ‘Good evening’, and then proceed to tell you why it isn’t.
- A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.
- How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
- Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.
- I thought I wanted a career, turns out I just wanted pay checks.
- Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says “In an emergency, notify:” I put “Doctor”.
- I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
- Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
- You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
- The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
- Hospitality: Making your guests feel like they’re at home, even if you wish they were.
- I discovered I scream the same way whether I’m about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot.
- There’s a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can’t get away.
- I always take life with a grain of salt, plus a slice of lemon, and a shot of tequila.
- When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.
- You’re never too old to learn something stupid.
- To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
- The difference between being stupid vs smart, is there is a limit how smart one can become.