This post is a follow up to The Crazy World of Domain Real Estate from a few days back. Here’s some helpful hints for those wanting to get into the domain name game and strike it rich (or die trying).
- New words and phrases are always emerging like avian flu or podcast. Watch the news and register fast.
- Find lists of expiring names at www.pool.com and www.snapnames.com.
- Check Yahoo for how often a term is searched and how much advertisers are currently paying per click (searchmarketing.yahoo.com/rc/srch/).
- Avoid using trademark’s. Use www.uspto.gov to check.
- Registering a name costs $6/year at the wonderfully recommended www.1and1.com.
- Visit www.domainstate.com, the definitive hangout for domainers and their news.
- Sign up with an aggregator. After you get some domains, register with www.sedo.com and www.domainsponsor.com with will handle your names and send you monthly checks.
There you have it! Good luck brokers…
(Source: Business 2.0)