I’m not quite 6 feet 2 inches tall. But I laughed out loud at some of the things a 6′ 6″ man can do, as written by Jaime Barth:
- I like standing awkwardly close to people, so they have no choice but to either look up at me, or stare directly at my chest, because that’s where most people’s height brings them.
- Elevators are my favorite, because there’s an entire little room of people who can’t help but notice that I tower over them.
- Over-exaggerating the fact that I have to duck to get on the subway. I make a show of it.
- Holding the door open for people in such a way that they have to walk under my arm, like a child. (so good)
- Complaining about stores with low-hanging signs that I bump my head on.
- Running my finger on the top shelves at supermarkets and pointing out all of the dust.
- Reaching all the way to the back of a display for something at a store.
- Holding up my hand for a “high five” and watching my students struggle to hit it.