TechCrunch is reporting that Adobe will release a FREE, online edition of Photoshop within six months time. I’m a little iffy on its likely performance (since larger PSD’s gobble up so much RAM), but if it’s a suitable alternative, my journey to the webtop will be near complete. Here’s a list of current software I use online, all the time:
- Email: Gmail.
- Word processing: Google Docs (just wrote my latest 1400 word column on it)
- Spreadsheets: Again, Google Docs.
- Research: FireFox
- Blogging: Blogsmith, WordPress, Blogger, custom Rails blogging software
- Podcasting: Skype (though I have to use local recording software)
- Landline: Vonage. Manage all of my phone settings online
I still use iTunes, Dreamweaver, Fetch (ftp), and Photoshop locally, but I’m all about migrating files and tools online in an effort to make my work flow more accessible from anywhere. How much of a webtop are you currently using?