Pay no mind to what some old people, many talking heads, and all fear-mongerers say. The world is NOT getting worse. It’s getting better, even under controversial and sometimes divisive heads of state.
- Life expectancy has doubled over the last century
- “The hungry” have been reduced to just 10% over the last 50 years
- More than 90% of Earth have access to clean water now, leading to 40% fewer sanitary deaths
- Fewer than 10% of people live in extreme poverty—the global economy has never been richer
- The world is historically less violent—fewer wars and 40x fewer murders. The little that remains is just more televised and promoted now.
- We are reducing pollution and are much more literate than ever before
- Individual freedoms and democracy has never been higher
- Societies are more open to more genders, races, and orientations than ever before
- Teen pregnancy is in decline
- Cancer mortality is dropping
- Child mortality is just 4%, down from 40% in 1800
- Child labor is just 10% now, down from over 70% in 1800
- U.S. high school graduation is at an all-time high of 84%
The glass isn’t half empty. It’s measurable fuller than ever before. The above stats easily disprove your irrational gut fears. Believe it.