Road Trip! Help Smooth Harold pick new weekend getaways, look well-traveled (and cool) doing it
Starting two years ago with a trip to Arches/Dead Horse Point, Lindsey and I took an interest in exploring our own backyard (aka Utah and its neighboring states). We’ve since visited and enjoyed a handful of other nearby parks on weekend getaways with the kids and are already itching for more.
So I ask you kind reader: which of the below places (listed in order of personal interest) would you see first and why? I’ve yet to see any with my own eyes—so sell me, why don’t cha!? NOTE: If you’re favorite area park is not listed, chances are we’ve already visited it or deemed it too far as a “weekend getaway.”
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Canyonlands National Park
- Zion National Park
- Capitol Reef National Park
- Bonneville Salt Flats State Park
- Great Basin National Park
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Flaming Gorge National Park
- This Is the Place State Park
- Wasatch Mountain State Park
So in which order would you visit the above and why?
See also: Don’t retire: Vacation several times and year until you die