Steve Pavlina writes: “Having been a non-employee for about 14 years now, I’ve made my share of stupid business mistakes. I’ve also coached a number of people to start their own businesses, and I’ve seen many of them make similar mistakes.”
Here’s his list of mistakes:
- Selling to the wrong people.
- Spending too much money.
- Spending too little money.
- Putting on a fake front.
- Assuming a signed contract will be honored.
- Going against your intuition.
- Being too formal.
- Sacrificing your personality quirks.
- Failing to focus on value creation.
- Failing to optimize.
I couldn’t agree more with number 1 on the list. In the past three years, I’ve learned this the hard way, but I think I’m finally getting it down. What do you relate too?