Professional accomplishments I’m proud of
The consultant I paid (Hi, Josh!) to tell me what I already knew — and I’d do it again with a 10 foot pole… Am I saying that right? — said I needed to promote myself more. To that end, here are a few work-related accomplishments I’m proud of:
- Have written for half of the top 20 U.S. media (dozens more in the top 100)
- Have worked for a handful of Fortune 100 companies, dozens of Fortune 500 ones, and some of the coolest little guys I know.
- 75% of my feature stories for CNN were top tech stories for 24 hours or longer (in some cases 7 days). All of my CNN stories make the homepage, which are only reserved for special, trending, or bigger stories.
- Was the second most popular tech writer for NBC News during my two year tenure as columnist, according to Omniture
- Boosted a news agency’s traffic by 15% during my two year tenure in a saturated and declining market
- Boosted Dell’s online traffic x 4 during 2 year content production tenure
- Boosted a .gov traffic x 20 in 2 years w/ great stories
- 95% of my clients re-up with me in the first year, 75% within 2 years. Clients stick with me on average of 3 years.
- Finish 98% of my projects on time and 85% on budget
- Have done much of this while keeping my sanity, getting a good night’s sleep, and without sacrificing my more interesting personal life. In other words, I can carry on a conversation well beyond work, and prefer it that way.
On a personal note, a few other things I’m proud of: My family, being a two-time marathoner, 96% chess player, and local symphony sponsor.
See also: 5 success stories + 1 notable failure